Sunday 7 November 2010

Body Suit

I can sew. Kinda.
I can use patterns, mostly. I'm rubbish at developing patterns from measurements. I might have been successful in draping it on a mannequin, but didn't have one. I could have probably borrowed one from fashion, but it's horribly intimidating just walking in there and opted to just buy a pattern. Apparently, I found out later after I cut muslin for the mock-up we have some sort of mannequin in storage for showing items.

Anyway. Through my mild ignorance, I ordered the childrens' sized pattern. I thought through my technical skills learned at Moore for pattern-sizing I could easily do it. After struggling with technical measuring and drawing, I decided to just wing it, as I do.





Pile-o-patterns and cut muslin.

The sewn muslin jumpsuit.

 The jumpsuit sewn in the actual fur. Lain across Tedward's baseboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment